Running in VMware
- Create a new virtual machine without an existing disk
- As operating system installation disk, select the downloaded CernVM 3 ISO image
- As operating system, select Linux, version 2.6 / 3 / 4 64-bit
- Before you finish, customize the settings of the virtual machine
- Safe the virtual machine under a name of your choice
- Under settings, adjust the hard disk size to at least 20G
- Under memory and processor, adjust the memory size to at least 1G. Reserve at least 1G for your host.
- Go to the settings page to add Shared Folders to your CernVM
- Enable shared folders and select one or multiple directories
- Your shared folders appear in CernVM under /mnt/shared
Now you can start the virtual machine. Once booted, you need to pair the virtual machine with a context defined in CernVM Online.